Swiftwater members are those that actively participate in water rescues and training activities.
Age: Must be 16 years of age
Completion of the following training is required to join as a swiftwater member
- ICS 100,200,700,800
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- HAZMAT Operations
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Hepatitis vaccine series or signed waiver of non-intent
- Swiftwater rescue unit 1 and/or swiftwater advanced
- Minimum Activities Required in each Calendar Year:
- Three (3) company business meetings
- Two (2) regularly scheduled company maintenance sessions.
- three (3) regularly scheduled team training sessions
- Fifteen (15) hours of fund raising activities. Ten (10) hours of work details or committee work may be substituted for fundraising activities.
- Shall be entitled to a key to the fire house
- Shall be entitled to display the Maryland fire department license plate or company ID sticker
- Shall be entitled to wear company apparel